TechSpot

can it run bf2?

By Dilmog
Aug 9, 2005
  1. Hey, i was wondering how this setup of video card, RAM, and processor would run battlefield 2. The processor is a amd athalon xp3000, the video card is a sapphire radion 9600, with a core clock speed of 500 mhz, 256 mb, 600 mhz memory clock. and 1 gig of ram. so, how well would this run battlefield 2?

2. Dilmog

Dilmog TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 123

o yeah, i forgot to say that my computer only has a 60 watt power supply... and i was thinking about buying these parts so that i can survive until christmas, so i
    could get a new power supply if its needed, but if it isnt, then that will be alot better. thx

3. flashmonkey

flashmonkey TS Rookie Posts: 103

You're definately going to want a new power supply, 60 watts won't cut it no matter how you slice it. As for the other stuff, technically speaking it will run BF2, how well it will run the game is a very different issue. You can expect to have to set most setttings to low and play at a maximum of 1024x768. Definately no AA or AF.

Good, relatively cheap power supply (make sure it has all the features you need)

4. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Posts: 942

I seriously doubt your PSU is "60" watts.

The AXP 3000+ alone can dissapate more than 60W. That thing wouldn't even POST with a PSU of that size. You're probably thinking 260.

However, with the specs listed, Bf2 should run just fine, if a bit choppy at higher settings.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.