Can my pc handle a Msi 7970?

Broeci

Hey,

Battlefield 4 is coming and I want a new GPU that can handle bf4 decently and isn't that expensive (suggestions are welcome).
But I'm not sure what the best GPU is, that my pc can handle without getting bottleneck and such.
I wanted to get a: Msi 7970, http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R7970-2PMD3GD5.html
But I'm not sure if my pc can handle it with my current specs:
CPU: Intel core I7 2600
GPU: Club3d 6950
RAM: 8GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-PH67A-D3-B3

I only know the basic pc stuff, so help is appreciated :)

Cheers,

The motherboard and CPU can handle the 7970, but do you have a proper PSU? 500W is recommended by AMD, but if you want to overclock then I'd go for 650W or higher.

Your PC will not bottleneck it whatsoever. But like Spyke said above, make sure your PSU can handle it. I bet it can since the 6950 is quite power hungry.

The motherboard and CPU can handle the 7970, but do you have a proper PSU? 500W is recommended by AMD, but if you want to overclock then I'd go for 650W or higher.

thanks for the reply, I have a 700W PSU, so I should be fine :p

Your PC will not bottleneck it whatsoever. But like Spyke said above, make sure your PSU can handle it. I bet it can since the 6950 is quite power hungry.

thanks, yea I've got a 700W PSU, should be ok

It's probably worth waiting for the 290x release. There's also a BF4 edition but there are no details about it yet.
What's you're power supply?

You should go for a 7970 with a better cooler, the stock design is very noisy under load.

If your PSU can handle a 6950 then it should be fine with a 7970.

Agreed, a 7970 wont use more (Well at least by much) than an old 6950. You don't have to worry about that too much at the 600watt PSU range.

Back