Can not get my DVI to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not get the DVI output on my geforce FX5500 128mb AGP to work. I have been working on this problem for 3 weeks and have gotten no where with it. I've had this AGP card in my system for a year and have been using the VGA output with no problems. I purchased a Samsung 913t monitor and would like to use the DVI output, but i can not get it to work. I am using all the latest drivers from nvidia and Samsung. I get nothing on my monitor when I am using the DVI output. My monitor searches for a signal, then goes into sleep mode. Not even a boot screen. Any help would be welcomed. I'm tearing my hair out. Thanks
eMachines s2482 (AGP 4x)
l7vmm2 mobo
1 gb ram
XP sp2
geForce FX5500 128mb AGP 8x

DVI signal

I had some problems with my LCD upgrade. I went from a CRT analogue connection to DVI connection. Sometimes on boot up there was no display and a message like "out of range" or "no signal". Restarts nearly always ended up with a blank screen. I tried the latest drivers but this made no difference. Eventually I got around to reading the help files on the CD and explored the LCD monitor menu. This is accessed by pressing a button on the bottom of my monitor. There were options in "setup" to determine how the monitor seeks a signal from the graphics card. When I selected to search for a DVI signal first rather than search automatically the monitor behaved perfectly. This was a Viewsonic VP201s but perhaps the Samsung menu is worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back