can not run a program

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric21120

Hi, I can not run a program from CD onto XP COMPUTER. It tells "temporary data directory is not accessible". I am administrator of this machine. And I can access to temp folder. The same program is running on other computer.

Thank you for help..

Ok, from what I understand, this is a exe movie file that was created by some kind of editor. Before it starts, it access to temp file and then the movie runs. All computers are windows XP; some of them are having problem.

Ok,New topic

eric21120 said:
Ok, from what I understand, this is a exe movie file that was created by some kind of editor. Before it starts, it access to temp file and then the movie runs. All computers are windows XP; some of them are having problem.
I can't play movie.
Try copying the file(s) to your hard drive.
What are they named ? Movies don't end in *.exe.
Where did you get it ?
Please answer the above if you want help.

thank you Zipperman, the movies are .mov file, and it starts with a exe file at the beginning. we need this CDs to run on different XP machines. I spoke to someone about that, and he told me temp files are sometimes restricted in computers under domain. So I am giving the users of the machines, the Administrative previledge, but still their is problem. It says temporary folder can not be accessible..
thank you in advance.

Full name please

eric21120 said:
thank you Zipperman, the movies are .mov file, and it starts with a exe file at the beginning. we need this CDs to run on different XP machines. I spoke to someone about that, and he told me temp files are sometimes restricted in computers under domain. So I am giving the users of the machines, the Administrative previledge, but still their is problem. It says temporary folder can not be accessible..
thank you in advance.
I would still like the full name and what you mean by exe ?
and temp files.
Is exe a movie player ?
Does it play where it was burned ? If so it wasn't burned to play anywhere
else.You have to set this option before burning a cd or dvd.
So whoever burned this to disk will have to do it again.
Was it with Nero ? I can post the option location snapshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back