Can someone just give a guess what windows shall i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv2playcs

I'm doing something in my school.

i need a os(older os,not win xp.)

the sys specs are

its a Pentium 3

CD ROM

ZIP

Floppy

Intel network card

sound im unsure

what os.can anyone give me a guess?

I`d suggest Windows 2000. It`s an nt based os, and much better than 98se.

Although you could use 98se if you wanted.

Regards Howard :)

The one question that I would ask, Is it a branded computer or a pieced together one?

I always like to check and see how available the drivers are for what O/S and make a decision based partly on that as well.

As mentioned, it really does depend on the amout of RAM, 98se is very hapy with 128MB, W2K will not be nearly so. HD speed can also play a part in this as it affects the speed of your swapfile. W2K with 128MB and a 7200k HD will be noticeably faster than it will on an older HD.

I would probably go with 98se myself, if it is done right it is a very good o/s.

ME can be done right and be just as stable but most people dont like to see that come up on the screen when they turn the computer on as there have been to many bad stories about it.

My $.02

:wave:

HI

my $0.02 worth also... lol..... i have to agree with crossedup ....

"I would probably go with 98se myself, if it is done right it is a very good o/s."

of the older OS'es i prefer to work on a win98 machine... and as he said.... check drivers... they are out there, but some MOBO's drivers can be a pain in the *** to find if you don't have the manufacture's cd/floppies....

cheers

luv2playcs said:
I'm doing something in my school.

i need a os(older os,not win xp.)

the sys specs are

its a Pentium 3

CD ROM

ZIP

Floppy

Intel network card

sound im unsure

what os.can anyone give me a guess?[/Q windows 2000 pro. real good,solid