Can`t fit mobo in case, because of backplate.

By RickyEaton
Apr 15, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi,
    i am trying to build my own computer. The problem i have came across is with the motherboard and the case that i would like to buy. They are both ATX and fit fine. But i noticed that the holes in the back of the case would not allow me to put the motherboard in. e.g "the motherboard has built in 7.1 sound so has 6 holes but the case will only support three holes. i have tried looking for diffrent cases that would suport this motherboard but i really like the case and the mother board.

i also asked if you can change the metal sheets at the back but apparantly not so now i need help. any suggestions................
  2. RickyEaton

RickyEaton Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

The easiest solution is to take the cases back plate out.

This may involve a little persuasion, but should be able to be done, without to much trouble.

I`ve had to do this myself, once or twice.

Regards Howard :)
  4. RickyEaton

can i then replace it with somthing or will it always be open. i dont want everything looking to messy. thank you for your help howard
  5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

A lot of mobo`s come with their own backplate. If this is the case with your mobo, just use that.

If not, don`t worry too much about it being open. My case is open at the back for exactly the same reason and I`ve had no problems whatsoever.

Regards Howard :)
  6. RickyEaton

thank you very much for your help read your measage for newcommers and am on to doing that right away. thanx
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.