Can`t play the Sims life story

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a laptop with an intel extreme graphics 82855 GM/GME chipset... my problem is i bought THE SIMS LIFE STORIES and i can not play it here in my computer.. after installating it and tried to open it to play a window appeared leaving all the screen blank.. saying :The ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally. save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to microsoft...

the sims life stories requires intel extreme graphics 82845, 82865, 915, 945 series, 950 or greater... a video adapter of atleast 32MB, directx9.0c compatible..

all of the other system requirements was ok... i was thinking maybe this is the problem so..

please help me what can i do.. or i wanted to know if i can change my graphic chipset from 82855 to one of the chipsets the SIMS is requiring...
please help me .. thank you so much

Drivers

Try checking Intel's website for new drivers. The site is easy to use, just make sure you know the right product specifications. It sounds like it should work, but since every game is different, who knows. Hope that helps!

hi JRaml ty so much for your time in responding... i would just like to ask if by downloading or installing i can change my series to what the SIMS requires?... is that what you are telling me?

Jennie, your chipset is hardware and, therefore, cannot be changed to another series by downloading any software. The best you can do is download and install the latest graphics driver (uninstall the old driver before installing the new one) and see if the game runs satisfactorily. If it doesn't, you will need a better laptop or perhaps a desktop model.

where can i download the latest graphics driver? any site you can recommend? and im really planning to buy a desktop... but i cant wait to play my sims...ty anyway

i am posting and asking help here because i dont know much about computer hardwares... so if you can help me please teach me like a child step by step how can i do that installation of the latest graphics driver

What version of Windows are you running? Once I know, I'll be able to direct you to the correct driver.

I might be having the same problem it says that the game has crashed and the process needs to end. I have Vista, but the sims website says it is compatible.

Have you tried going to any of the websites devoted to the Sims? There are many of them and they could possibly have a patch or workaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back