Can this be changed?

Zen

Just wanted to pop in here real quick, to quite possibly ask a stupid question. I've been trying to figure out how one might go about changing the color of the font within the Ubuntu 10.10 upper taskbar. I'm getting all kinds of other options, window colors, background colors, types of font styles, but nothing in the way of being able to change the color of the print of the upper taskbar. I've tried going into the "themes" thing and directly by accessing the taskbars "properties" but I can't find anything.

Go any ideas about this folks?

"Thanks in advance"! :)

I assume it's gnome you're running? In which case you're referring to gnome panel's font colour... most of the gnome configuration is stored in your ~ directory in dot files. The config data is usually in xml format...

Try searching the web for gnome panel font colour and see what comes up - but watch out for out of date howtos/forum posts...

caravel :

Thanks for the pointer in regards to Gnome! You were right about my system using Gnome, that is what Ubuntu 10.10 runs with stock. But your little tid bit gave me an idea to check the Ubuntu software center, and they had a Gnome color chooser program there, I installed it and even though it was a bit confusing at first to figure out how to use the bloody thing, I got the job done in the end.

Here is why I was asking about font colors, waiting to learn how to do it as to put the finishing touch on my latest creation......give it a look......

https://www.techspot.com/gallery/your-desktop-looks/p4434-tron-legacy.html

Thanks again! :)

Back