Can we repair a DOA video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Op2

Hi guys,
That is my only question for today: Can we have a DOA video card repaired?

Op2

That sort of depends on what the fault is? Unless it is something very obvious like a loose component, probably not.

So even the technical computer store can not repair it (something more complicated than losing a component)?
Then if it's under warranty and we send it back to the manufacturer, what are they going to do with it?

A repair shop will probably tell you to send it back to the manufacturer (or the original store), especially if it's still under warranty.

The manufacturer is going to see what is wrong, fix it (if possible) and either sell the card again, ship to OEM or send it as a replacement product to someone just like you :p

Haha, that's funny.

Thanks for your answer. However, it would be nice if the repair shop can actually fix it instead of telling me to send it back.

You could try the repair shop although there is a good chance they can't repair it. You would void the warranty by doing so, however. So if the repair shop tries and fails, you might have to pay the manufacturer to repair it or eat a dead card. IMHO, you'd be much better off sending it to the manufacturer to begin with.

Are you sure it is the video card and not a power supply that isn't up to powering new, more powerful card?

Yes, I brought it to the repair shop and they did exactly what Nodsu said.

I'm pretty sure it's a DOA video card. I tried it in other stronger computer, and it still didn't work.

Thanks,
Op2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back