Can you install 2 XP's on one computer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasgmc

I want to set up a seperate partition for gaming. Or will I have to use Windows 2000 on the second partition? Will 2000 work as well as XP for games? Thanks

Yes, but why do you need two XP installs to create a separate partition? Just create another partition and put your games on it.

I want a seperate install where I can turn off most of the services and have no programs running in the background.

Originally posted by vegasgmc
I want a seperate install where I can turn off most of the services and have no programs running in the background.

With your system specifications listed, why would you worry about completely reinstalling a new XP? Your system should run any game fine.

But, either way, you can install another XP. Just turn your CD-ROM as first boot device, put the disc in and follow instructions.

Im thinking ahead to Doom 3 and Halflife 2. With all the extra crap turned off I get an extra 1000 pts in 3dMark 03. But its a pain to turn off all that stuff every time I want to game.

Just create another user account where all the bloat services & applications aren't launched by default.

& don't do a user-switch, logout with the first user & logon with the new one. when you do a quick user switch, the previous user will still have some information remain in memory.

I tried that. I kept having alot of problems in the new account. It got to the piont where the games wouldnt even run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back