Cannot connect to internet but i have installed wireless adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the WG111T wireless adapter and i have found the network i want to use, the connection is strong to the router but when i clicked to go on the internet it says the page cannot be displayed. Can anyone shed any light on my
situation as i spent hours trying to resolve this problem with no luck.

Thanks in advance

Are you getting a proper IP address from the router ? Launch a command window & type ipconfig to see what it says.

How can you be sure you have the right IP if you don't check ? The IP should be given to you by the router so check to see if it is the case.

Well you're not supposed to have the same IP as the router, it can & is most of the time similar but it is not the same. Are your DNS & default gateway settings properly set ? You can also check that with the ipconfig command.

Getting the same IP as the router (Gateway) will give you the results you are getting, it sounds like the router is not issuing you a valid IP address. Are you connecting to a secure network and if so, is the security key (WEP, WPA, etc.) you are entering correct? That is, does it match the key that is in the router configuration page? If it is not a secure network, you might want to power cycle the network by shutting down all of the devices on the network (PC's, network printers, etc.), unplug the router and modem, wait a couple of minutes, then plug them all back in 1 at a time in the following order: Modem (wait until it comes online), router (wait until it comes online as well), then power on the computer with the wireless card and try to establish a connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back