TechSpot

Cannot enter BIOS using Del key - DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert motherboard

By vladv
Jul 28, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I've got this legendary socket 939 motherboard DFI LP UT SLI-DR Expert chipset nForce4 SLI almost new only one SATA port is somewhat messed up missing those plastic parts from both sides , bought this baby really cheap ~ 55 $ from well known Romanian e-bay like site okazii.ro , and I put it on my FX-60 dual core ( yeah,THAT one! ) and some KINGSTON value memory and tried to boot my rig.Here is my problem now:this board is working those 4 red diagnostic LEDS start 4,3,2 next only one left so no "4 LEDs of death" syndrome for me [​IMG] and the onboard speaker beeps ONCE which I know is always a good thing [​IMG] but I cannot enter BIOS to setup as I need Del key on my PS2 keyboard is NOT working as it should I press the key and the result is 0 nada nothing [​IMG] , first I see the boot logo from DFI after that I see this error message "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded , press F1 to continue or Del to enter setup" and when I press Del I get nothig and when I press F1 key sometimes I see this message "Verifying Pool Data and Backup CMOS OK!" and other times I see "Sil3114 SATA RAID Press Ctrl-S or F4 to enter RAID utility".One more thing to add is that I can actually use boot menu selection using Esc key to selct HDD,CD-ROM or some other option and this board actually can boot using CD/DVD I already tried UBCD rescue CD and some Linux live distros to see if it's not a problem with my FX-60 processor and I'm happy that it is working well is all good no problem here actually I've seen it's name and working frequency ~ 2616 Mhz at POST, please help me to solve this problem with my mobo.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.