Cannot get mail: The connection to the server failed

learninmypc

IMG_5087.PNG
Why? This has been going on with my iphone4 for few days.
I'm able to get online, just happens trying to check the mail.

Last edited:
Problem solved, incorrect password. LOL :)

"EDIT" DOES this mean if/when I change my password on my pc I have to do it separate on my iphone???

Last edited:
Try Reset Network Settings. Go to Settings>General>Reset> tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards. Also try a reboot of your wifi modem/router. A poor wifi signal can cause that.

Try Reset Network Settings. Go to Settings>General>Reset> tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards. Also try a reboot of your wifi modem/router. A poor wifi signal can cause that.
Did you , by chance read my reply in the post above yours? " Problem solved, incorrect password. LOL". But thanks anyhow. :)

"EDIT" DOES this mean if/when I change my password on my pc I have to do it separate on my iphone???
Usually NO, but it depends upon the specifics.

Changing the PC login password has no effect on any email access.

Email has two modes:
  1. a client email reader, like Outlook and Thunderbird
  2. a web-based service like Gmail and Yahoo.
When we change a password related to Email, that change is stored by the email server.
So changing the email/password WILL effect all means to access that email server, regardless of which physical box you are using at the time.

So change in it on the PC will impact the Smartphone usage too.

Go to Settings > Cellular > USE CELLULAR DATA FOR and there turn on Mail. I had same problem, now everything is perfect.

Back