Cannot load certain Webpages - HJT attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an eShop with Lycos (for nearly a year). Apart from the fact the it is often very slow loading, it always has loaded for me. However, since yesterday, it will not load no matter which link I use.

I've tried different browsers (Firefox, IE, Crazy Browser) to no avail. I've done the usual stuff such as deleting browser and cookie history, lowering or turning off my firewall, and several other things (I am using XP). The odd thing is that I can load all other Web pages with no problem (such as e-Bay, my blog, etc., etc.)

If anybody could help I would be most grateful as this is my business and I cannot access it. Lycos is no help, as they have a premium-rate number and that is a last option.

I've attached my HJT log in case there is something there stopping it load.

pangie777 said:
I have an eShop with Lycos (for nearly a year). Apart from the fact the it is often very slow loading, it always has loaded for me. However, since yesterday, it will not load no matter which link I use.

I've tried different browsers (Firefox, IE, Crazy Browser) to no avail. I've done the usual stuff such as deleting browser and cookie history, lowering or turning off my firewall, and several other things (I am using XP). The odd thing is that I can load all other Web pages with no problem (such as e-Bay, my blog, etc., etc.)

If anybody could help I would be most grateful as this is my business and I cannot access it. Lycos is no help, as they have a premium-rate number and that is a last option.

I've attached my HJT log in case there is something there stopping it load.

I would really appreciate a reply to the above. If anybody can help me?

I've done the usual stuff like: deleted temporary files, done a file clean-up, unplugged my modem, done a spyware scan, lowered my security, firewall, pop-up blocker, allowed all cookies, turned off all other programs (apart those necessary to log into the Website), used four different browsers (so it cannot be blamed on one browser), updated Windows, checked the settings on all security software to see if there is a block on Lycos pages. Nothing has worked.

The annoying thing is that it is ONLY Lycos pages (even other people's shop who use Lycos to host their shops). I can log onto every other site on the Internet except anything to do with Lycos eShops.

There is atleast 1 bad entry in your log. You need to do the following.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of pangie777 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks so much for letting me know this, Rik.... really appreciate it. I shall do that shortly and send in the attachments. Will work on it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back