Cannot reinstall Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done quite the bit of reading in these posts trying to find some sort of help. Here's my problem: Last fall my pc was rebuilt with a new HD (WD) and new OS. It lasted for only a bit of time, then went down again. SO I let it sit for a bit and in APril I bought a refurbished mobo. I installed it and didn't have much of a problem. Until a few weeks later, I received the BLUS SCREEN OF DEATH!! I was able to get the pc back and running, for a bit...then it happened again.....and again, was able to get it running. This happened a few times.... But I was always able to "fix it" until last night...I couldn't! Luckily throughout all this I backed everything up! :) So I reinstalled the HD and bought new a OS to install it. However, now it just keep going from teh windows page to the Dell page. And it keeps trying to restart the setup. Even though it was gone through the steps already! After the money I have spent thus far, I cannot afford to send it to a repair shop. I am unsure as to what to do next. I think it may be a memory problem???? Any ideas......

Anxiously waiting!!

After your mobo install, you mention "getting it working" again. Could you say what you did in order to get it going again? That would be a clue. Is the install of Windows unfinished? Is it going back to do the "setup" part of the installation, instead of finishing like it should? I'm sorry for so many questions but I don't have a clear picture of what's happening completely. If you post back I will answer and help you out (if I can). Good Luck.

ok to save you some time and a bunch of money go ahead crack open your case again and clear cmos"if you dont know howto do this look it up on the manuall that came with the board" then google dban and download it. this is software that will wipe your hard drives TOTALLY clean TOTALLY. once this is all done go ahead and pop your os cd in there and boot up from it the same way you have already with dban. f12 and all that stuff. and to be on the safe side go into your bios once this is all done to check your temps and stuff change it to whatever changes you migth wanna make and youll be all set to go. forgive the typos and grammar its very late and i have to open up the store tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back