TechSpot

Can't access facebook

1. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,469   +327

Empty the cache and disable ALL add-ons and extensions.

Which version of Windows are you running and is your login an admin account?

2. Labellaescrima

Labellaescrima TS Rookie Topic Starter

I am using Window 7 Professional 64 bits, yes my login is administrator, and sometimes I have access(FB)and some other time nothing. And for your suggestion empty the cache and disable All add-ons and extensions = been there done that!

3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,242   +1,549

I'm curious if you have tried another browser. And if the problem is specific to only one or if you are not able to use any browser.

4. Labellaescrima

To go 2 FB I have tried google chrome, internet explorer, bing, msn, none work and yet sometimes all of them work I only have this problem with FB lately, don't know what's going on and I am not the only one few of my friends to have had the same problem.

Here are my specs:

cpu: Intel core i7 4930k
    MB: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
    Case: Cosmos II
    PSU: EVGA Super NOVA 1300 G2 80 + GOLD CERTIFIED 1300
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix 8gig x 4
    Video card:s msi TWIN FROZR GeForce GTX 780
    Audio card: Asus Xonar Essence STX
    Water cooling: Corsair H105
    Primary drive: Samung 1TB SSD
    Secondary drives: 250 gig SSD, 3TB x 2, 2TB, 1TB
    Optical Drive: Pionner Blu-Ray, Pionner DVD,
    Monitor: Asus VK27Q, 1920 x 1080

5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,242   +1,549

That would suggest it is not a local issue, and if so there is nothing you can do to help matters.

6. Labellaescrima

Actually yes and no cliffordcooley, because my husband who is ten feet away gets in with his laptop all the time no problem, either through IE or Google. Go figure...

7. Kai Vincent

Kai Vincent TS Rookie

Right solution according to me.

8. Melinda89

Melinda89 TS Rookie

My fb wouldn't work on any of my browsers I went into internet options, then connections.. unclicked LAN proxy's.. now it works..I would suggest you try this if it still isn't working..

freshpulse and jobeard like this.
  9. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,469   +327

Yeap, that works - - but you also disabled your antivirus product. This is how a great many of them filter web access for virus' and trojans. *IF* you have an AV that provides Web Filtering (eg: Avast! Free), you can disable that specific filter.

Personally, Web and Email scanning is the #1 priority feature I look for in AV.

10. freshpulse

freshpulse TS Rookie

Unclicking proxy settings works for me too. I often can't access the web so it is either my VPN is acting strange or is because of the proxy settings the needs to change.

11. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,385   +240

To the best of my knowledge, neither bing or msn are browsers. bing I think is a lousy search engine & msn is just a website.

12. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,025   +154

Did the OP tried to reset any internet browser's settings to default?

looks like the (wifi) router has a filter disallowing facebook on certain local I.P. addresses used by the 'problematic' connected computers.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.