Can't click on Properties when I right click on the Desktop.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ831

So from one day to the next, my background is gone and I go to try an change it but when I right click on the destop, and click on properies, it doesn't do anything...=(....I also couldn't get "My Computer" to show on the desktop...please help--- hjt attatched. thanks in advance...

Attachments

• Linksys.txt
    83 bytes · Views: 7
Ur better of copying a pasting ur hijack this log as nobody wants 2 open an attachment from ur comp as it mite be infected with malware(viruse etc).
So do that and then that can help us determeine the problem.
Cheers

Crusader said:
Ur better of copying a pasting ur hijack this log as nobody wants 2 open an attachment from ur comp as it mite be infected with malware(viruse etc).
So do that and then that can help us determeine the problem.
Cheers

It`s quite safe to open a .txt file, and is our prefered option for viewing HJT logs.

Regards Howard :)

RJ831 said:
So from one day to the next, my background is gone and I go to try an change it but when I right click on the destop, and click on properies, it doesn't do anything...=(....I also couldn't get "My Computer" to show on the desktop...please help--- hjt attatched. thanks in advance...

That is not a HJT log!!

If you suspect malware on your computer. Do the following.

Go HERE and have your computer scanned.

Then, go and read both these threads by RBS. Follow all the instructions exactly.

How to remove Trojans and its ilk! and How to remove Begin2search / coolwebsearch and other nasties.

Then post a fresh HJT log, if you`re still having problems.

Man, I goofed up up and attatched the wrong .txt----I'll try what you told me though then I'll get back to you, thanks!

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel, and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

C:\PROGRA~1\qvowsttq\YMgCE0hN.exe

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by pressing the ctrl/alt/delete keys together. Click on the processes tab, and end process for(if there).

YMgCE0hN.exe

Close task manager.

Click start run and type regsvr32 /u C:\WINDOWS\lbbho.dll and press the enter key. Do this for C:\WINDOWS\DH.dll entry as well.

Run HJT with no other programmes open, and let HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6001CDF7-6F45-471b-A203-0225615E35A7} - C:\WINDOWS\DH.dll
O2 - BHO: C:\WINDOWS\lbbho.dll - {725A79E0-053E-410D-AD87-1282EA2E1597} - C:\WINDOWS\lbbho.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YUpGYAUx] C:\PROGRA~1\qvowsttq\YMgCE0hN.exe

Now click the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate, and delete the following bold files(if there).

C:\PROGRA~1\qvowsttq\YMgCE0hN.exe
C:\WINDOWS\lbbho.dll
C:\WINDOWS\DH.dll

Reboot into normal mode, and turn system restore back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back