Cant delete limewire

Status
Not open for further replies.

flavin

hey i downloaded limewire a long time ago and want to delete it. but i cant.
i go into "add remove programs" find limewire and click on the change/remove button. installshield wizard starts running and about half way threw a box comes up that says. "internal failure" in the heading and inside the box it says "error # 0x80040707 Description: (its blank)". and then i click ok inside the box and then another box comes out with limewire in the heading and inside it says "acess is denied" i click ok and installshield closes. what can i do to get rid of limewire?

Try going into c:/programmes/limewire If you look in the Limewire folder, you should see a file called uninstall.exe Try double clicking on it, and see what happens.

Regards Howard :)

yea i already looked in there and theres no unistall.exe.

also after i posted this i googled the numbers and it brought me to a site saying it was a windows installation error. but i dont want to upgrade it i want to unistall it.

i think when im clicking on change/remove its trying to chane it not to remove it so how would i get the uninstaller to change my selection to remove not change?

Try reinstalling the programme. This should repair all the missing files, and then see if the uninstall.exe is in the directory I mentioned, and try that.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back