cant delete limewire

By flavin
Jan 17, 2006
  1. hey i downloaded limewire a long time ago and want to delete it. but i cant.
    i go into "add remove programs" find limewire and click on the change/remove button. installshield wizard starts running and about half way threw a box comes up that says. "internal failure" in the heading and inside the box it says "error # 0x80040707 Description: (its blank)". and then i click ok inside the box and then another box comes out with limewire in the heading and inside it says "acess is denied" i click ok and installshield closes. what can i do to get rid of limewire?
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Try going into c:/programmes/limewire If you look in the Limewire folder, you should see a file called uninstall.exe Try double clicking on it, and see what happens.

Regards Howard :)
  3. flavin

flavin TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 91

yea i already looked in there and theres no unistall.exe.

also after i posted this i googled the numbers and it brought me to a site saying it was a windows installation error. but i dont want to upgrade it i want to unistall it.

i think when im clicking on change/remove its trying to chane it not to remove it so how would i get the uninstaller to change my selection to remove not change?
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Try reinstalling the programme. This should repair all the missing files, and then see if the uninstall.exe is in the directory I mentioned, and try that.

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.