cant delete video files from wmp

Status
Not open for further replies.
i played some video files on wmp and later deleted them from my shared folder. however, when i open wmp, the files are still there, but i cannot play them (i get a "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help." message). but when i try to right click and delete, or right click and Open file location, nothing happens. anyone know how to delete these files for good? (im using wmp 11)

nothin works

ive tried alot of stuff, and the files still show up in the videos library on my media player. i checked the file path and even deleted the file it says they exist in and it still shows the files in wmp. i also cant edit the names or move them to the recycling bin. my virus software file shredder also cant find the file when i try to delete it on several passes. does anyone know any software i can download that will clear these files from my library?

y dont you try replaceing the files in the shared folder that you deleted and then delete them again but this time through wmp. if you dont have the same files just rename some 2 test it. Ya never know, sometime the simplest solution are the best.

good luck,
be patient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back