Can't get into BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I don't know what the hell is going on, anyway. I have an ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe MB. I was in the BIOS and changed the FSB to 200 and saved it accidently after I had turned off the onboard sound. Now, I reboot and it is just a black screen and the monitor's power button light is yellow as if something is wrong. Of course I know that it is the FSB I need to change so I reboot and hold delete which should get me to the BIOS... Only it isn't happening...

The screen stays black adn the monitor's light stays yellow the entire time, normally it will turn green and come on when I try to get into BIOS. Not this time I guess, never had this happen I have no clue what to do. I have tried using the CLRTC to clear the CMOS, reboot, same thing evidently it isn't clearing...

I mean I really have no clue what to do, in addition to this I was frustrated so I rebooted and started randomly pressing all the keys to see if anything would happen and it did. Now, when I power off the machine it automatically turns itself back on and reboots... Help?

i think you set the fsb too high, can you open your case and short or set jumper in reset RTC for a few second, then put it back in original place.

OR

Press and hold the shift key before power on your computer and keep holding until monitor came on.

P.S. you should put your computer specs in your My.TS.Forum for more information to us.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back