Can't get microphone to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day all,

I have a Soundblaster Audigy 2 NX usb sound card and for the life of me,cannot get
the microphone to work.I have tried the latest drivers and whatever else but the bloody thing wont work.Operating system is Win XP SP2.

Anyone know of a fix???

T.I.A

Hi, I have had little to do with Creative products but if the A 2nx follows the pattern of most usb sound devices check this out:
Plug headphones into the device, plug in a mic, do you get mic thru' phones, this is called "direct monitoring". If you cannot get this and the book says you should ( and and decent sound interface WILL do it) you are on a hiding to nothing 'cos the box is t**s up. In 2years of pc sound I have yet to really grasp the tortuous route that certain systems use ( I don't think Bill G likes muscians). USB devices can be a pain. BUT; always,always keep checking, controlpanel;Sounds and Audio Devices, make a carefull not of what is turned on or off, slider posistions, go into "advanced" it won't smoke! These boxes can get messed up for no apparent reason I have found.
Best of luck
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back