Cant get past the bluescreen of death on vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutzy

i have a gateway model number gm5446e and it will not get past the bluescreen of death it displays this error message 0x00000050 (0x8afff018, 0x00000000, 0x84e2c367, 0x00000000) i dont know alot but i hear that it might have something to do with the registry but in order to run one of those programs dont you have to get past the bluescreen of death first. can anyone help?

Can you boot into Safe Mode? 0x50 errors can be due to corrupted memory or incompatible software (plus a couple of other possibilities).

no i have tried to boot from safe mode and it starts to load windows and then it just restarts i have tired to boot from every mode and its all the same it starts to load windows and then it just restarts.

bluescreen of death on vista

Hey I have also the same problem. I'm getting blue Screen any time when i'm rebooting the system or Entering the password. But i'm not getting any Error message.Only Blue screen. Please help me out for the same. I have Gateway Laptop with Vista OS.

Have you got a bootable OS on CD? Or even better, use the Windows disk to boot into recovery mode and run a chkdsk.

i have tried to boot from the recovery disk and still nothing it just goes to the blue screen or restarts itself

Mine was just doing that on my recent RAID installation. Blue screen of death after installing windows, and if I enter safe mode, it'd load the files then reboot.

To fix it, it kinda fixed itself. I just made sure all hardware was in, removed 2GB out of 4 for installation. Deleted my RAID array and created it again annnd it kinda just worked. Took forever to install Windows again, as in it was slow, but it worked.

Try resetting bios to default, maybe fomatting your hard drive, etc.. go back to stock settings.

The errors seem to be Vista related, not hardware related. Not sure how to fix yours cause you can't really fiddle with the hardware in a laptop.

If it will boot into safe mode the chances are that it is a driver problem - if it won't boot at all it is more serious and usually hardware.

i thought it was the hard drive so i ran spin rite on it and it fixed what ever was wrong with that so could it be the ram?

AlbertLionheart said:
If it will boot into safe mode the chances are that it is a driver problem - if it won't boot at all it is more serious and usually hardware.

Maybe not serious, my Windows wouldn't boot at all. Normal, safe mode and installation would all crash, sometimes a black screen reboot, others a blue screen.

I didn't change any of my hardware, just fiddled with the bios/raid settings and now I'm running Vista stable. Computers are weird sometimes.

I suspected memory was the problem in mine, it's hard to say.

mine is fine now i used a newer boot disk with sp1 on it. i reinstalled everything and it runs perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back