Can't install any audio software

I removed my C-media audio software from Control Panel,and now I don't have a disk and don't know how to get back sound on my computer.When I download,for example,Realtek or Vinyl AC'97,and when I want to install it,it seems to be alright,but when I go to Control Panel-Sounds and Audio devices-Hardware-Properties,it says for Realtek that WINDOWS CANNOT INITIALIZE THE DEVICE DRIVER FOR THIS HARDWARE.And it is like that for every software I download.I have Windows XP.Please help me.

Try this first: Find the audio device entry in Device Manager (it should be listed with a yellow icon). Right click, select Update. Let Windows search the internet. See if it can find a driver for you. If still a problem, post back

Try this first: Find the audio device entry in Device Manager (it should be listed with a yellow icon). Right click, select Update. Let Windows search the internet. See if it can find a driver for you. If still a problem, post back
Yeah, it may find reminance of the driver on the machine. This happens to me sometimes if I "Uninstall" a driver, it just finds it again after a reboot despite being removed.

I have already tried this,but it doesn't work.It says ‚‚The wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed''.I have installed the Vinyl AC'97,but is says for it that ‚‚Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware(Code 37)''.I don't know what to do.

Back