Can't install any Google Apps

By P!M
May 26, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi I am trying to install Google Earth (5.0.11733.9347) via Goolge updater. It downloads the app and then it sais: Not installed
    Installation complete. Not all programs could be installed.
    Click the "Learn More" links below to find out what happened.

Then I click on Learn More and it only sais: Run the install wizard, Fix later Or don't install. I select Run the install wizard, nothing.

So I searched on google and I find: f you're having trouble installing Google Earth through the Google Updater, you may want to try installing Earth separately. To do so, download the latest version directly from http://dl.google.com/earth/client/current/GoogleEarthWin.exe

I did this. It finished downloading and I run the .exe and nothing even happens. It doesn't even show up in Process Explorer.

I run Windows Vista SP1 Professional

So whats left to try out?

Thanks in advance
  2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +34

I found users with similar problem who did this:

NOTE: suggest getting the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility first HERE and save to your desktop.
    Double click the setup to run. Once installed> open program> highlight and delete all old Google Earth files

3. P!M

P!M Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 42

I installed Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, I ran it but there are no google files.
    I used unlocker (http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/) on the .exe installer from google and it works now, strange.

Thanks
  4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +34

Thanks for giving us the update. Cyberspace can be a 'strange' place!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.