Can't install any Google Apps

By P!M
May 26, 2009
  1. Hi I am trying to install Google Earth (5.0.11733.9347) via Goolge updater. It downloads the app and then it sais: Not installed
    Installation complete. Not all programs could be installed.
    Click the "Learn More" links below to find out what happened.

Then I click on Learn More and it only sais: Run the install wizard, Fix later Or don't install. I select Run the install wizard, nothing.

So I searched on google and I find: f you're having trouble installing Google Earth through the Google Updater, you may want to try installing Earth separately. To do so, download the latest version directly from

I did this. It finished downloading and I run the .exe and nothing even happens. It doesn't even show up in Process Explorer.

I run Windows Vista SP1 Professional

So whats left to try out?

Thanks in advance
  2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

I found users with similar problem who did this:

NOTE: suggest getting the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility first HERE and save to your desktop.
    Double click the setup to run. Once installed> open program> highlight and delete all old Google Earth files

3. P!M

P!M TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 39

I installed Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, I ran it but there are no google files.
    I used unlocker ( on the .exe installer from google and it works now, strange.

4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Thanks for giving us the update. Cyberspace can be a 'strange' place!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.