TechSpot

Can't install HL2 "Not enough disk space" message is false

By betterbelieveit
Mar 14, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a Vista operating system and have have tried to insall my "Half-Life 2 Episod One" software programs.

I have installed the Half-Life 1 Anthology and Half-Life 2 programs without any problems.

However, when I try to install HL2 Episode One I get the following error message:

"There is not enough free drive space to run steam".

I uninstalled steam and the two other Half Life programs and reinstalled Steam.

When I tried to just install the HL2 Episode One by itself I got the same "not enough drive space" message.

I have 184 GB of free space on Drive C where I install my software and 254 GB of free space on Drive D.

Hope someone can help me with this problem soon.

I tried to get help at the Steam support center but haven't received in reply to my help request in 3 days! Still waiting.

Thanks.

Thank you!
  2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

did a google and got this

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080104190840AA5iWso

Had the same problem with Vista 64-bit....

Copy the entire contents of the install DVD to a folder of your liking (I simply created a "temp" folder on my desktop). Then run setup.exe from your newly created folder.

Can't believe this simple solution isn't on Steam's help forums!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.