Can't install USB device on 64-bit Windows 7 -- have 32-bit driver software

I cannot get a USB device to work. I have a USB device, the CD that came with it, a downloaded update, and some additional drivers (setup information and a system file) from the manufacturer. The device is made for 32-bit machines and I have a 64-bit machine. It is a very simple device and what I've read on the internet says you can tell the program to run in an older environment and as the administrator.

However, the problem is the DRIVERS. When I go through the Device Manager, it doesn't find the updated drivers on the CD nor in File Explorer. I even tried installing the program on my old 32-bit computer and copying all the files from there onto a zip drive and trying to use those, to no avail. It just says the device drivers are up to date, which they are NOT because the program crashes.

help.

Thanks for the response, although that wasn't what I wanted to hear! The article says the 32-bit device may not work *correctly*, not that it won't work at all, so I still have hope! The problem I have is that my computer doesn't recognize the drivers are there at all. Sigh.

Back