Can't Install Windows 7 on Asus X55C series

By lataak
Nov 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I am trying to install Windows 7 on Asus X55C series laptop which came with Windows 8. I found Windows 8 uninteresting and instead I wanted to install Windows 7 32 bit. The disk is GPT partition first. I convert the disk from GPT to MBR by using Gparted live CD. I also disabled Secure boot. But the BIOS would not let me boot from CD or USB. The one time boot options menu brings no options at all. I went to BIOS and there is not boot order option at all. What should I do? How can I set the BIOS to use MBR instead of UEFI?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,291   +44

This will help http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/324872-30-boot-bios-asus-x501a#. Your answer is right towards the end.

Are you sure the ASUS X55c is not a 64-bit PC ? I cant find out easily myself, all I found is that it is an Intel core i3 processor. Is there anything in the bios referring to 32-bit, 64-bit options ?

I don't believe it makes much, if any difference, you can still install a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit processor AFAIK, but if you can obtain a 64-bit Win 7, that would be better.
  3. lataak

lataak Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 44

Oh my goodness, it worked. Thanks a lot, gbhall. You really saved me! I was struggling with this for the last 4 days with no success. Thanks again.
  4. lataak

lataak Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 44

Here is what the website instructs to do:
    • go to BIOS pressing Delete (may be other key on other computers)
    • enable the option Laucnh CSM
    • Enable its sub option Launch PXE OpROM
    • save changes and reboot.
    • Press Escape to get one time boot option
    • select your boot device
  5. gtrain

gtrain Newcomer, in training

Installing win 7 from USB:
    I have a Asus x55c and I am having an issue at 82% every time in the file extraction before install. I get the 0x80070570 error. Now alot if people are saying to remove one of your ram slots. However on the Asus x55c has its ram built into the motherboard . its not possible. The USB is fine and Its been tested and the issue persists. WTF

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.