Can't Install Windows 7 on Asus X55C series

By lataak
Nov 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I am trying to install Windows 7 on Asus X55C series laptop which came with Windows 8. I found Windows 8 uninteresting and instead I wanted to install Windows 7 32 bit. The disk is GPT partition first. I convert the disk from GPT to MBR by using Gparted live CD. I also disabled Secure boot. But the BIOS would not let me boot from CD or USB. The one time boot options menu brings no options at all. I went to BIOS and there is not boot order option at all. What should I do? How can I set the BIOS to use MBR instead of UEFI?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,423   +77

This will help Your answer is right towards the end.

Are you sure the ASUS X55c is not a 64-bit PC ? I cant find out easily myself, all I found is that it is an Intel core i3 processor. Is there anything in the bios referring to 32-bit, 64-bit options ?

I don't believe it makes much, if any difference, you can still install a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit processor AFAIK, but if you can obtain a 64-bit Win 7, that would be better.
  3. lataak

lataak TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 44

Oh my goodness, it worked. Thanks a lot, gbhall. You really saved me! I was struggling with this for the last 4 days with no success. Thanks again.
  4. lataak

lataak TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 44

Here is what the website instructs to do:
    • go to BIOS pressing Delete (may be other key on other computers)
    • enable the option Laucnh CSM
    • Enable its sub option Launch PXE OpROM
    • save changes and reboot.
    • Press Escape to get one time boot option
    • select your boot device
  5. gtrain

gtrain TS Rookie

Installing win 7 from USB:
    I have a Asus x55c and I am having an issue at 82% every time in the file extraction before install. I get the 0x80070570 error. Now alot if people are saying to remove one of your ram slots. However on the Asus x55c has its ram built into the motherboard . its not possible. The USB is fine and Its been tested and the issue persists. WTF