Can't Install XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant install XP on my computer b/c my mouse and keyboard are not working properly. what do I need to do? I cant use it for anything...Please Help! Thanks!

Hello, james_7_07, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, at what point are your mouse and keyboard not working? Is it when the installation asks you to enter user names etc

Have you tried entering the BIOS and see if your keyboard works in there? Press F2 or DEL to enter setup. It will tell you on your screen which button to push. Try that.

Daveskater said:
Hello, james_7_07, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, at what point are your mouse and keyboard not working? Is it when the installation asks you to enter user names etc

It doesn't even light up when computer comes on...but it works on other computers..

poertner_1274 said:
Have you tried entering the BIOS and see if your keyboard works in there? Press F2 or DEL to enter setup. It will tell you on your screen which button to push. Try that.

It won't let me enter into that....the computer or mouse doesn't work..could it be the drivers on the motherboard?

You can only use your keyboard (not mouse) to get into the BIOS as well as begin the installation of Windows. Anyway, I wonder if you have a USB keyboard. If so, can you borrow a PS/2 keyboard?

Edit: Wait! You said it doesn't even light up? You mean you get no display on the monitor? If so, that's not a keyboard problem. I'm a little confused, sorry.

mailpup said:
You can only use your keyboard (not mouse) to get into the BIOS as well as begin the installation of Windows. Anyway, I wonder if you have a USB keyboard. If so, can you borrow a PS/2 keyboard?

Edit: Wait! You said it doesn't even light up? You mean you get no display on the monitor? If so, that's not a keyboard problem. I'm a little confused, sorry.

Keyboard wont light up, indicating that it is not working..what do I do?

Yes, try a PS/2 keyboard if you can. Your BIOS might not support USB keyboards or if it does, it might be disabled. You would need a PS/2 keyboard to get into the BIOS to enable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back