TechSpot

Can't login to WindowsXP

By saif
Feb 7, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have two OSes installed on my computer- Ubuntu 6.06 and Windows XP. Today, when I started XP and entered my password, after a few seconds, the system restarted. I tried logging in many times, but there was no luck... Ubuntu is working fine. Once when I tried logging in XP, a blue screen appeared, but I dont remember a thing that was written in it. What do I do?

Ok, now I remember what was written on the blue screen:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  2. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

post any recent minidumps found in the C:\windows\minidump folder here as attachments.
  3. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Is Windows loaded as first boot? That is usually the problem, and WXP wants to be the first installed OS
  4. saif

saif TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 64

I don't know about that, but I have had no problems till now...(i have these two OSes on my computer for more than an year). Suddenly, this problem cropped up. I have attached the minidumps..
  5. N3051M

two most recent ones:

mini011507-01
    Code:
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
    Invalid system memory was referenced.  This cannot be protected by try-except,
    it must be protected by a Probe.  Typically the address is just plain bad or it
    is pointing at freed memory.

Unable to load image ati2dvaa.dll, Win32 error 2
    DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  DRIVER_FAULT
    IMAGE_NAME:  ati2dvaa.dll
    mini020607-01
    Code:
    KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000008e)
    0x8E >win32k.sys
    The first points to ATI driver (graphics card). Reinstall and see if it fixes it. The second points to memory corruption, run memtest as linked in my signature.
  6. saif

Thanks for your reply...
    You told me to reinstall the drivers, but when I can't even login, how do I reinstall the drivers?
  7. saif

And, when I enter my password, I get an error, the computer the suddenly restarts before I can finish reading the error. I can tell that It was a box and had a countdown to its left bottom corner which started from I think 30,29,28...It was NOT the box that comes when that virus infects the computer and threatens to shut down the system
  8. N3051M

ok.. try changing the ram then...

btw, there is an edit button..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.