Can't open task manger

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have tried to open task manger with ctrl+alt+del and i don't get anything, i hit ctrl+shift esc and i get a message saying task manger has been disabled by admin but how can it be disabled if i am the admin x (. any help would be awesome!

Are you the ADMINISTRATOR or a user with administrator rights? In any event, you didn't do it then it could have possibly been a virus.

To make sure 'Task Manager' is enable:
Click START => RUN type gpedit.msc. Under 'USER CONFIGURATIONS' navigate to 'ADMINISTRATIVE TEMPLATES' => 'SYSTEM' => 'CTRL+ALT+DEL OPTION' and either select 'DISABLE' or 'NOT CONFIGURE'. My computer has it set to 'NOT CONFIGURED' and it works fine.

Let me know if this helps....

Are you the ADMINISTRATOR? or just a USER?. What does it say when you try to open gpedit.msc? What type of Windows are you running: XP, Vista?

I am the admin of the computer. it says "windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. to search for a file, click the start button and then click search." I and running XP

Click Start, Run and type this command exactly as given below: (or copy-paste it)

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back