TechSpot

cant overclock past 230fsb, wtf

By Real_DeaL311
Oct 17, 2007
  1. hi all, my problem is when i overclock my cpu to atleast 230fsb, my sytem crashes with the blue screen of death , not right away, only when i run a benchmark like 3dmark06, or playing bf2, then i hear a click from my psu, then my comp just restarts, any ideas would help, just to let u know i baught a few new upgrades psu, ram, video card, case, thats when i started to have this problem, but before my upgrades i was able to hit 2.8 to 2.9 np!!

2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

What's the wattage on your new psu. You may be getting less power with it and along with al the new upgrades.

3. Real_DeaL311

Real_DeaL311 TS Rookie Topic Starter

a ozc stealth stream 600watt, it says 18amps x4 12v rail

4. LinkedKube

Sounds more like a process of elimination situation. Might want to switch out your ram, etc, everything but your video card to see if anything changes.

5. Real_DeaL311

i heard people running a x1950pro, with no problems power wise

6. LinkedKube

I'm sure the x1950pro would run fine with that psu, like i said, you may want to switch out the other new parts, might be due to those.

7. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

All of the major components can have an impact on overclocking.
    As an example, some time ago i had a system that would overclock to 147fsb. I then changed from a geforge2 mx440 to an ati radeon 9550 and it wouldnt go past 144 fsb, it was however faster because of the better graphics card.

8. Real_DeaL311

i've already swapping my ram, with my other ozc 1gb kit samething, i really dont have many things hook up, expect for a extra lan card, floppy dvd burner, back hardrive, front usb hook ups to motherboard etc

9. Real_DeaL311

i dont see how my ati card, would stop me from overclocking my cpu and ram, especially when i lock my pci at 33.3mhz

10. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

I'm just trying to give you the benefit of my past experience, that's all.

11. Real_DeaL311

i respect that, and thanks for the help, i guess i'll try unhooking some things, i would try pulling my mobo out, but its kinda stuck in there stupid case lol

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.