Cant overclock past 230fsb, wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real_DeaL311

hi all, my problem is when i overclock my cpu to atleast 230fsb, my sytem crashes with the blue screen of death , not right away, only when i run a benchmark like 3dmark06, or playing bf2, then i hear a click from my psu, then my comp just restarts, any ideas would help, just to let u know i baught a few new upgrades psu, ram, video card, case, thats when i started to have this problem, but before my upgrades i was able to hit 2.8 to 2.9 np!!

What's the wattage on your new psu. You may be getting less power with it and along with al the new upgrades.

Sounds more like a process of elimination situation. Might want to switch out your ram, etc, everything but your video card to see if anything changes.

I'm sure the x1950pro would run fine with that psu, like i said, you may want to switch out the other new parts, might be due to those.

All of the major components can have an impact on overclocking.
As an example, some time ago i had a system that would overclock to 147fsb. I then changed from a geforge2 mx440 to an ati radeon 9550 and it wouldnt go past 144 fsb, it was however faster because of the better graphics card.

i've already swapping my ram, with my other ozc 1gb kit samething, i really dont have many things hook up, expect for a extra lan card, floppy dvd burner, back hardrive, front usb hook ups to motherboard etc

i respect that, and thanks for the help, i guess i'll try unhooking some things, i would try pulling my mobo out, but its kinda stuck in there stupid case lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back