Can't Reinstall/Repair/Add Components to Office 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
first post here. found this board from the post here that did not help me with my problem at all :(

currently, i have Microsoft Office 2003 SP2 installed and i need to have the equation editor installed in microsoft word. i didn't install it during initial installation so now i'm trying to do it through the Add Components menu. even so, i can't add components, install, or repair anything because it keeps saying "Please insert the disk: Microsoft Office 2003" and i clearly have it because i'm running from it but it doesn't work! anyone know what's going on?!?

if not...anyone know how i can install equation editor?

it's the professional edition. i guess you can say it's legit but includes office, frontpage, onenote all on one cd

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own. ;)

Why not just totally uninstall the Office Suite first, and then reinstall with the "Complete" option. Or reinstall with the specific option you need.

i was thinking that but i am "afraid". if it can't even "detect" the cd when trying to reinstall, what makes you think it will be able to "detect" the cd when it's doing a fresh install? i rather have something than nothing atm.

It may be looking in the wrong location or the CD may be a different version then whats installed on the PC.
Does the OS recognize the contents on the CD in explorer? If so, then there shouldn't be any problems fresh installing from the CD.
Is the CD scratched?

yes the OS recognizes contents on CD in explorer and no cd isn't scratched. if OS recognizes contents on CD in explorer then why can't it during installation? OS recognizes it, but it doesn't recognize itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back