Can't retrieve backed up data

bshaw

I have a compaq presario. My computer crashed and I was given the option to backup my data before I did a complete system restore.

I completed the backup, and it put the files on my CD rom.. the problem is that these files have an fbw extension and I can't retrieve the data. It seems like this is a big problem with a lot of HP users. when I insert the disk, it acts as if it is reading it, but nothing happens and it freezes.

Any help retrieving these backed up files? thanks

You have to go back in to the HP backup software, and restore back up CD files from there, with the CD in the drive

I tried, but at times I can't even get the backups software manager to start and when it does it acts as if it wants to retrieve data but freezes

I've had trouble like this in the past. Now I just keep my important files backed up on 3 devices. Another hard drive, on DVD's and a flash drive. Maybe you can do this soon too

YEA, I agree, but this is just bad development from HP... I can see why people go to apple... I went and picked up an external hard drive to dump everything on.. honestly, I would rather go with flash memory on my computer.. keeping valuable stuff on your computer is asking for trouble..

"I would rather go with flash memory on my computer"...

A good but temporary solution... Flash memory fails all too often. I hope SSD's become more reliable

Back