Can't start any game without pc rebooting

Hello

My computer has been getting progessively worse over the course of the last few weeks. Now I can't start up any game without the pc rebooting itself. I have tried kaspersky rescue disk, AVG, Advanced System Care and many forum "fixes", but nothing seems to fix it. A virus is out of the question (Kaspersky, AVG and ASC should have taken care of this) so I'm wondering if anyone has had similar problems and what said person did to fix it.

My pc specs are:

Cooler master G650M
AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight core
MSI Radeon r9 290
8Gb DDR3 RAM

Every driver on my pc is up to date (as far as I know; checked through IObit driver booster 3), and it runs on windows 8.1 64-bit

Please reply quickly
More info can be supplemented on demand

Thanks in advance
- Haakon

Hello

My computer has been getting progessively worse over the course of the last few weeks. Now I can't start up any game without the pc rebooting itself. I have tried kaspersky rescue disk, AVG, Advanced System Care and many forum "fixes", but nothing seems to fix it. A virus is out of the question (Kaspersky, AVG and ASC should have taken care of this) so I'm wondering if anyone has had similar problems and what said person did to fix it.

My pc specs are:

Cooler master G650M
AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight core
MSI Radeon r9 290
8Gb DDR3 RAM

Every driver on my pc is up to date (as far as I know; checked through IObit driver booster 3), and it runs on windows 8.1 64-bit

Please reply quickly
More info can be supplemented on demand

Thanks in advance
- Haakon

Sounds like a hardware fault to me.. maybe its your psu failing to maintain enough power on a specific rail due to being run at or past its rated limit or maybe your motherboard or graphics card is on its way out. If you can change out your psu and gpu for spares that you have or maybe check to see if a friend has a spare gpu and psu you can use to test, the only other thing I can suggest is check your cpu and gpu temps... maybe you need to re-apply some thermal paste as that can go dry and cause heat issues which can shut your motherboard down due to any hardware safety feature your motherboard may have.

Sounds like a hardware fault to me.. maybe its your psu failing to maintain enough power on a specific rail due to being run at or past its rated limit or maybe your motherboard or graphics card is on its way out. If you can change out your psu and gpu for spares that you have or maybe check to see if a friend has a spare gpu and psu you can use to test, the only other thing I can suggest is check your cpu and gpu temps... maybe you need to re-apply some thermal paste as that can go dry and cause heat issues which can shut your motherboard down due to any hardware safety feature your motherboard may have.

I will certainly try, although temps are not the issue, as my cpu has an idle temp of around 33*C, and gpu standing at about same temp. The most I've seen is 65*C on both. But thanks, will try

Back