Case Filtering Options

By EXCellR8
Apr 9, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently rebuilt my computer using a Cooler Master HAF-932 full tower case and I'm looking to minimize the dust intake. The case has a 230mm fan on the side panel (at least I think it's 230mm) and not really any filtering aside from the honeycomb mesh. It's a pretty big area, it actually allows for the installation of 4 120mm fans, so I've been searching around for some type of filter material or fabric I could maybe cut to size and use there.

I wanted to ask if anyone knew of a place where i could order something like that, or even a manufacturer i could contact. I know the filters you buy for fan ports have that cloth-like material and if i could find some of that in bigger sheets that would be perfect. Something like 1ft x 1ft would probably work, i just need something there to reduce the amount of dust and other debris collecting on the fan and inside the case.
  2. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,126

i have the HAF-932 too, its a dust magnet. i have to clean it out every other week
  3. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 900

I have used this kind of woven metal screen, which works pretty well as long as it is fine enough, and it can easily be cut to size. Here's a link to a supplier:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#wire-cloth/=6lrty3

You can go to "Woven Wire Cloth, and down to "Fine Mesh"
  4. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Topic Starter Posts: 2,278

That looks like it would probably work, thanks.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.