TechSpot

Case Modding Sites

By si007
Jul 27, 2002
  1. Does anyone know any good case modding sites. I have an empty 5 inch drive bay and I fancy putting something in there that has flashing lights or an LCD screen or something (I've no idea what I'm talking about!! Can you guess?) Anyway, I checked out toms hardware (ooer!) which was pretty cool but I can't seem to find any others apart from non-English ones which make my non-understanding of the subject doubled :confused:

Cheers.

Si
    :cool:

2. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

Sounds to me like you might be wanting to put in a temperature monitor. Or maybe you would like a multimedia I/O panel. Or maybe you have another idea.

Did you find these:

Twisted Mods

Cool Case Mods

There are also a couple of ads I see once in a while on this very board that you might check out for some ideas and supplies.

3. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Ladies and gentlemen, give this man a round of applause.
    This is clear and perfect example of the concept we like to call "The Search Feature is your friend."

A few months ago, actually I think it was one of the first threads of vB, I posted a thread with the exact same name.

Let this be an example to the rest of you, please try not to do it :)

4. PHATMAN5050

PHATMAN5050 TS Rookie Posts: 645

LoL. Alright alright veh you've made your point clear. I'm sure this will be our only instance with this problem and yourself si. ;)

5. Vehementi

Of course, I'm speaking about all the people who don't search for something, not just this one and this person, Fatteh ;)
    Oh yes and pay better attention to the IRC channel...

6. si007

si007 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 53

Let me get this straight. It's OK for you to ask this question and not have to put up with inane and unhelpful responses, but it's not alright for me? Yeah, that sounds fair.......................I don't think!! Just kidding mate :D Thanks for the kick up the backside. You're quite right I should have searched first and normally do, but, alas, in this case my brain was in the other room. Thanks for the heads up about you original post. There are quite a few in there for me to check out.

Cheers.

Si
    :cool:

7. Vehementi

Perfectly alright si. It happens, you know? Glad to be of service to you. :)

8. PHATMAN5050

PHATMAN5050 TS Rookie Posts: 645

And how might you think that uncleel keeps his post count up so high? HAHA Just kidding of course uncleel, i've got love for ya. :grinthumb

9. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,919   +9

I've been reading many case modding sites lately - my current five-year-old midtower is too small. So, I decided I want to make my own case, possibly using fiberglass. However, all the sites I've found about modding are just about adding lights and windows to standard cases. Do you know any sites that would have something else? I know some mini-ITX sites where people have built mobos inside radio-controlled cars etc., but I'm using standard ATX motherboard and I want room for future expansions.

10. Grump

Grump TS Rookie

There are 2 really good sites for modders wanting to go past just a few cosmetic changes.

PheatonForums is my personal favorite and Bit-Tech is a very close second. Check out the worklogs in either and you'll see what I mean.

Tell 'em I sentcha.

[​IMG]
    Grump

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.