TechSpot

Caught in loop

By jimpuliti
Aug 6, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. After Recovery, required chk dsk, am now in a continuous loop. Can't escape

2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,777   +241

Recovery from what?

3. jimpuliti

jimpuliti TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 19

Recovered from a prior date. I had Downloaded update to 8.1, because it was very unstable and would not keep still, it kept jumping around. After the recovery completed, it left message that my HD had errors and a dsk chk was required. When it started, The blue windows appeared and I thought I was in the clear, but after 100% complete showed, it just started all over and keeps repeating.

4. Cobalt006

If it keeps looping as you have said. You may want to try reinstalling a fresh copy of your OS. Sound as though yours may be corrupted. If this does not work you may want to run a check on your hard drive. With Seatools.

Seagate SeaTools v2.23 Review (A Free HD Testing Tool)

5. jimpuliti

Will give it a try thanks

6. Cobalt006

Let us know

7. jimpuliti

No luck. Tried Sea tools, but there is no way I can get past the loop. Can't even access boot record or Set up

8. Cobalt006

From the sounds of things are going to need install disk of your computers Os. To get it up and running. This then will let you know if it is the hard drive. If the Os . Will not install of the restore disk.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014