TechSpot

cd burner won't work

By NO CLUE
May 17, 2005
  1. CD Burner won't read, play or burn. Checked device manager - SCSI/RAID HOST CONTROLLER SHOWS '!' in yellow and states "cannot start device (Code 10). Tried uninstall of host controller but still didn't work on reboot . PLEASE HELP :confused:

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Are you using the correct drivers? Have you tried removing the actual burner from device manager and rebooting and allowing Window$ to find it again?

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSot:wave:

3. NO CLUE

NO CLUE TS Rookie Topic Starter

Tried uninstall

Thanks for the welcome. I have now tried an uninstall/reinstall of the burner, but it still won't work. It appears as if the error is coming from the SCSI and RAID controller. As I am a tech-know-nought :blush: this controller means nought to me.
    I welcome any more suggestions. Thanks.
    Regards
    NO CLUE :wave:

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,704   +397

What motherboard do you have (or what model store brand comp is it). Most likely you will need to download and install the drivers for that controller.

5. patio

patio TS Maniac Posts: 482

Is there a reason for running the burner on a SCSI/RAID controller? ?
    Are all your other IDE slots being used currently? ?

patio. :cool:

6. NO CLUE

NO CLUE TS Rookie Topic Starter

Got frustrated, sent to the Dr's

Hi all,
    Thanks for all your hints and tips. Unfortunately I got mighty frustrated and sent my box to the doctors. All software was apparently fine. Had to replace the burner. Oh well, I now have a dvd burner instead of a cd burner....

:blush: :giddy: :wave:
    regards
    NO CLUE

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.