Cd burner won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
CD Burner won't read, play or burn. Checked device manager - SCSI/RAID HOST CONTROLLER SHOWS '!' in yellow and states "cannot start device (Code 10). Tried uninstall of host controller but still didn't work on reboot . PLEASE HELP :confused:

Are you using the correct drivers? Have you tried removing the actual burner from device manager and rebooting and allowing Window$ to find it again?

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSot:wave:

Tried uninstall

Thanks for the welcome. I have now tried an uninstall/reinstall of the burner, but it still won't work. It appears as if the error is coming from the SCSI and RAID controller. As I am a tech-know-nought :blush: this controller means nought to me.
I welcome any more suggestions. Thanks.
Regards
NO CLUE :wave:

What motherboard do you have (or what model store brand comp is it). Most likely you will need to download and install the drivers for that controller.

Is there a reason for running the burner on a SCSI/RAID controller? ?
Are all your other IDE slots being used currently? ?

patio. :cool:

Got frustrated, sent to the Dr's

Hi all,
Thanks for all your hints and tips. Unfortunately I got mighty frustrated and sent my box to the doctors. All software was apparently fine. Had to replace the burner. Oh well, I now have a dvd burner instead of a cd burner....

:blush: :giddy: :wave:
regards
NO CLUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back