CD Drive compatibility question

Status
Not open for further replies.

czplayer

Will a ATAPI DVD A DH16A6S drive work with a ASUS P5Q SE PLUS LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard? Or how will I be able to tell if it will work for myself?

Plug it in...?

As long as this is an 80 pin ribbon cable interface, the board will pick it up. BTW "Atapi is the interface type, who built the drive?

Alright, so it's plug and play then? My next question would be how do I tell if the connector will fit the slot on my motherboard?

Certainly. Why don't you hit Asus's website and download the manual for the motherboard. that should have a photo and/or diagram of your board marked with the locations of the various sockets and components.

I have no idea who "Label Flash" is. I do know however that IDE and ATAPI devices are detected in a sort of interchangable fashion.

If you are unsure of the health of the drive you're going to try and install, I'd try and grab one of these Pioneers from Newegg; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129023 They've had them on sale twice in the past two weeks for $22.95 free shipping. These are pretty much satisfaction guaranteed, and plug and play. Keep checking the page, the sale's usually over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back