CD/DVD drives not been picked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, new guy in need of some help.

Turned on my computer and went to install something off the disk but the autorun didn't kick in. So I went into 'My Computer' to load it directly from the disk. But the problem is that my CD-DVD drive wasn't showing up. This has happened rarely in the past, but usually a shut-down/restart and it's grand. This time however it didn't work.

So I went into the Device Manager it shows the disk by there is the yellow caution triangle. Going into properties it says in the device status box

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

I tried tp update the drivers, but it claims they are up to date. There is no option to the roll-back the drivers easier. I've tried disabling and re-enabling it and also uninstalling it and reinstalling it. None of these worked. After that I went and did a system restore but still nothing.

Finally I tried a different DVD drive and a couple of CD drives to see if it was purely an issue with the DVD drive but they all have a similar outcome, prompting me to think it's an isse further than the line than the drive itself.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

pipper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back