CD/DVD Drives stopped working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My CD/DVD drives suddinly stopped working, I have tryed to delet Drivers and reinstalle them and i am preaty sure the cords are fine. The Drives wont read a disk. I also tryed to us a Boot disk to wipe the Hard Drive and it dident work so i think it has to do with my BIOS, I might have a vires on it is there a way to get ride of it or check it.

There is no virus in your BIOS.

Disconnect everything but a single CD-ROM drive connected to the HD cable. See if it is detected and can boot. Try with the other CD drive. Try with the other cable. Try on the other controller.

If all single drives work in all combinations then you have set the master/slave jumpers wrong.

This cannot be it becouse thy just stopped working suddinly the DVD and CD drives worked befor. If the cordes busted would the two drives still show up in My Computer?

If you refuse to do as Nodsu suggested, you make it more difficult to diagnose the problem. It's not just the cables that are being tested.

Have your tried various CDs?

Test it with a CD that isn't burnt (ie... a program disk that you bought).

Also, check your event viewer under system (I think), see if there are any errors with a red mark related to your CDrom/DVD

It doesent read any disks burned or non burned. The Drive also works it opens and closes just when you put a disk in to use it it doesent work if i put the disk in the DVD drive when i open it its empty it says nothings on the disk, and when i put it in my CD drive it doesnet even let me open it it says something about it being curropt or something. That is way it cant be the cables and it has to be in the BIOS, It wont let me even run a Boot Disk.

I reinstalled my mother Bourds Drivers and well i rebooted and the Drives started working so whet ever that did i am happy its working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back