CD-RW Data Loss! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Gallop

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but I need help fast!

I have two full CD-RW's that I loaded up with family photos. I have always gone back in and found a photo that I would use for a wallpaper every once in a while. Today I slipped in the CD-RW to look and the screen came up "BLANK". I tried the other one and it read "Blank" also.
I then put in a CD-R that I also had photos on and it read the disk fine! I could see all the pic's. Why would my PC all of a sudden read one and not the other?

What can I do? Have I lost all my images? Sure hope someone has some idea's how to get that data back or I'll be sleeping on the couch for a very long time. They were my wife's family photos!

Now you have learned why to NEVER rely on CDRW to back up important data. Packet writing software is buggy and the results are unreliable. if you have important data then back it up using CDR or DVDR or an external usb connected hard drive.

you could try ISOBuster to see if the data can be recovered from your disk.

http://www.isobuster.com/

most likely the data is there

do you have Nero? if you do get info on the disk, what may have happened is you didn't close the session last time. Nero can close it for you, if thats the case then your disk will be fine after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back