CDRW interfering with Sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having a problem with my CDRW interfering with my audio after i insert a cd to install a game or application that i have.

System:
Motherboard: nVidia nForce
CDRW Drive : HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8520B
Sound Card : on-board (updated the drivers)

I'm not sure the specifics on the CD drive the previous owner painted the front cover of it black so i know absoloutely nothing about it. I'm not sure why this is happening, i've been having this problem since i've first had this computer. I've tried updating my sound card drivers and it kind of fixes the problem, but i'm still getting massive ammounts of static during an install. Sometimes even after i remove the CD the sound will go back to normal for about 5-10 minutes then start acting up again... :mad:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

K0D3R said:
I've been having a problem with my CDRW interfering with my audio after i insert a cd to install a game or application that i have.

System:
Motherboard: nVidia nForce
CDRW Drive : HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8520B
Sound Card : on-board (updated the drivers)

I'm not sure the specifics on the CD drive the previous owner painted the front cover of it black so i know absoloutely nothing about it. I'm not sure why this is happening, i've been having this problem since i've first had this computer. I've tried updating my sound card drivers and it kind of fixes the problem, but i'm still getting massive ammounts of static during an install. Sometimes even after i remove the CD the sound will go back to normal for about 5-10 minutes then start acting up again... :mad:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you saying that when you load a cd into the cdrw the sound is interferred with? in what way? have you tried changing the audio cable which connects from sound card to cdrw drive?

i'm not sure my drive is connected to my audio, but i do have a DV wire attached to my drive, and even after i disconnect it, i still have static.

try disconnecting the cd drive.pull out IDE connection or the molex.See if sound problem still there.

sounds like bad ground
I don't think it is a IRQ problem then again
check for newer flash driver update for the cdrw
I had a graphics glich with a noname cdrw fixed it by updating the firmware of the cdrw

check to see if upgrade was installed ok
seems like somtn' loose a cable maybe or not shielded
check your jack from the pc to spks pull completely out then push very firmly back in.
you might want to replace with another cd player/recorder see if you still have same problem.before you buy try to borrow on

upgrade was installed fine, i've reset the cables a few times before, but i'll try that again. The speaker jack is fine, although i might try different speakers.

Thx for all your suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back