TechSpot

center speaker problem

By matt200436
Dec 26, 2003
  1. I have the SoundBlaster live 5.1 sound card......and its been working well with the 4.1 speakers i had........well recently i got the logitech Z680 5.1 speakers and i have all the connections right......but only speaker that doesnt work is the center speaker.......its connected thur analog........can any one help???

2. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

Have you checked its volume setting in the Speaker Settings in AudioHQ?

3. matt200436

matt200436 TS Rookie Topic Starter

yeah.......with the sub volume beside........i moved the sub one down......but i didnt notice any difference.....so i dont know what the problem is

4. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

When you use the Test function in AudioHQ, does sound come through the center speaker?

5. matt200436

Nope......everything else tho

6. matt200436

I pick the VXD drivers.....when i installed the drivers.......does have any effect on my problem???

7. matt200436

I fixed my problem.........i finally choose the WDM drivers....when i reinstalled it........

thanks tho to all that replyed

8. MotoXXX

MotoXXX TS Rookie

Please explain how you fixed it :)

9. matt200436

When I install my sound drivers......i can pick between the VXD Drivers or the WDM Drivers............the vxd drivers are recommended........but i choose the wdm....and when i do the test from the program surround mixer.......the center speaker works.........if you use play center 2 when cmss is on.....then songs will play on all speakers.............
    matt

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.