TechSpot

CF 5770 load temps

By Harrison
Jul 1, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. So I'm running two XFX HD 5770's at 850/1200 mhz, 85% fan speed. Air flow is pretty decent, although the PSU sits a little close to the bottom card. While gaming I'll hit up to 76-77C but never over 80C. I've read a few posts and reviews and heard that these cards can run sub-90C fine, but a lot of these included users running their fan speeds at like 60% or below.

My question is : Is reaching almost 80C at 85% fan speed too high? Is it safe to run this for 3-5 hours a day/ 7 days a week?

Thanks for any info/help you can give :)

2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

If your cards are right next to each other then yeah, they will run pretty hot.

It's pretty common to see GPUs running at 80-90C and they're designed to take that kind of temperature anyway, wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. 3-5 hours a day isn't really that much compared to bitcoin miners who run 24/7.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.