TechSpot

Change the windows Log On Screen

By jay1648
Apr 28, 2008
  1. Can any body tell me where to change windows logon screen. I know it can be done thru some of the softwares available on the internet but i want to do it myself. As far as i know it requires some registry value modification but not sure which one it is. So if any body have any idea please let me know.how can i change the Windows XP logon screen.

Thanks in Advance for help.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

See here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5i4dt8E-zE

Also I edited my last post on the other thread, with a comment to you as well
    I can't link it directly, as I've asked for that thread to be moved, and therefore my link will cease to work some time.

3. jay1648

jay1648 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Have slow internet connection today. so can't watch it in utube. I would appreciate if you can explain any other way.

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Ol , the video is really good !

Umm it's too hard to write all the steps, not only that, it's critical, sometimes it stops your computer from running!!

Just search Google for change Windows logo screen, there's a few million there.

5. jay1648

jay1648 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for your response Kimsland . I tried watching this video but breaks in between so couldn't watch the complete video. But i did realize it requires modification of an executable file located in system folder with the help of some software (to avoid problems)...That's good anyway. I will try watching it later.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.