Changed site layout?

By gbhall
Oct 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Clip0005.gif Aaarrhh!! is it you or is it me? All the forum layouts have changed topic title fonts and now align wrongly and look just horrible. Same if I use Firefox or IE10.

The only change on my PC has been a new video driver Nvidia v. 320.49 to 331.65
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,279   +180

That's not how it appears to me. I notice no layout change on my PC both Firefox 25 and IE 10 on Windows 7, 64 bit. My graphics card is a Radeon HD 7970, driver 13.4.
  3. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

No change here either. Have any other boards also changed for you?
  4. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,293   +44

Thanks for your comment. I have restored my PC from a full image backup of 2 days ago, so that reverted my video to 320.49 and any inadvertent changes to firefox or IE10 font selections etc including personalisations must also now be exactly as 2 days ago, when I am certain everything was normal. However, Techspot still looks wrong - exactly as displayed in post#1.

Furthermore, no other website that I am very familiar with looks any different. Only Techspot seems affected to me.
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,082   +1,182

I'm not experiencing this issue either. I checked with the following browser versions:
    • IE 10
    • Firefox 24 (updated afterward)
    • Firefox 25
    • Opera 12.6
    WindowsOS.png
    Julio Franco likes this.
  6. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

I'm seeing the exactly same issue in IE8 (at work) with a Quadro card.

Also checked using my Samsung GS3's default browser and it's also messed up.
  7. gbhall

Just checked back, and all is fine again - whoever fixed it, well done. Btw the only other one to see the same problem is also is in the UK. Coincidence, or relay server, or what ??
  8. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Fine for me too... strange
  9. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

Was fine for me too. I bet it was a CSS file that wasn't being downloaded correctly (or at all) for some people.
    Julio Franco likes this.
  10. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,444   +269

I checked this out earlier but couldn't replicate the issue. As St1ckM4n pointed out, my bet was on a CSS file or wrongly cached styles file by our CDN, but I've taken care of that by resetting the forum styles.

Please let me know if you're still having a problem and I'll go in deeper to see what's going on. Thank you!
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  11. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,012   +714

It almost looks as if the monitor's resolution wasn't being detected correctly. That can give you the same type of stretch.
  12. gbhall

As already reported, it was OK again a few hours ago, but is now wrong again. As my PC has been reset to the condition as it was before this problem appeared, and is still in that condition, I am at a loss as to why it seems to change back and forth.
    I just refreshed the site and it is OK again. WTF ?
  13. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,082   +1,182

Does the site seem to completely finish loading?
    Or do you have a rotating circle for a cursor that suggest there are elements still loading?

14. gbhall

I'm not quite certain what you are asking for. Every time I move around the site, there is a brief rotating circle, which can last for less than a second to a few seconds at times, but I cannot honestly say I have ever seen the site page display a new page whilst still also showing the loading sign for more than a short time (which is often a cursed video advert loading).

Everything fine for several hours now.
  15. captaincranky

OK, about 30 minutes ago, My love for Techspot was suffering from "connectus interruptus". When the little circle thingy changed to, "nobody's home, stop calling".

In any, try clearing your browser cache with, "CCleaner", as I get trolled once in a while by Firefox, ( EG, I get Newegg China, instead of Newegg US), and pages turn black.

There is the issue of the coding also being adapted to tablets, making the info column on the right appear and disappear, depending on the aspect ratio.
  16. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Guru Posts: 4,568   +184

captaincranky, TS was down for a bit earlier today, maybe for a minute or two but other than that,its fine now. :)
  17. captaincranky

I'm also well aware of that. How else would I have been able to recount the event, and post my parody on, "coitus interruptus", >(connectus interruptus)<...?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.