Changing video card

HiDDeNMisT

So right now I got the geforce 7950 GX2 on my temp system. Its a dell desktop forgot the model number. After I bild my new rig I'm going to sell the temp comp for maybe 200 to 300 bucks. The video card in it is dying and I need to change it. Don't want to spend a fortune on it since I'm getting rid of it soon.

Any suggestions on a decent video cards so I can play a few games on it till build my new system??

I would have to say around $80 too $120

Like i said before I don't want anything to extravagant but I also want to be able to play a few games on it.

I don't think it's worth it. At best, you might buy a new power supply, and a hefty graphics card, then swap those in when you get your new computer, depending on how long that will take.

I doubt anyone intelligent will pay more than a dime.
There's plenty of people who are not though.

I kinda figured as much. I guess ill just use the 7950 till it dies out. Then buy a cheap one so i have internet access at least :/

Then buy a cheap one so i have internet access at least :/

Does your PC have a integrated video on the mobo, even if you are not using it now? If so that will give you internet access and use.

If you really can sell it for $200, then you need to make sure it has working graphics to get that return, either from integrated graphics or a discrete card.

What is the model number of your Dell? Maybe it has a strong enought PSU to support getting a decent video card now that you can move into your later system, unless you plan a significant upgrade at the time.

Back