"Chassis Intruded.. System Halted" ASUS M4A87T

vomacka

I am getting this error message when I turn my system on.."Chassis Intruded.. System Halted".

I will try to explain what happens as best I can...

1) When I first turn the system on, I get a blank screen and NO post test/beep. Just a blank screen. No message.

2) I then shut the system off and turn it on again. The POST works. But when the POST is finished I then get the message "Chassis Intruded.. System Halted". The system then stops and I have to re-boot it.

3) I then re-boot the system and it boots and loads windows as normal, no problem.

4) One thing I noticed is that my clock is now 3 hours off as a result of this problem. No other problems that I can see with the system.

Now, I searched for this error online and many say that the problem is with a "Chassis Intrusion Jumper" on the motherboard. I have looked at my motherboard (ASUS M4A87T) and I can't find any such jumper on the board. The user manual does not say anything about this jumper either.

Also, because my clock is 3 hours off as a result of this, I was thinking that it might be a CMOS battery problem(?) I last changed the battery in 2012. But would a dying/bad CMOS battery cause a "Chassis Intruded.. System Halted" message on boot?

I also can't find any reference to a "Chassis Intrusion Jumper" on the board or in the manual. I don't think my board (M4A87T) has one.

This one has me stumped.

Scott.

Back