Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kind Of...?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzalito

Hi Guys/Gals,

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen or can refer a cheap deal on a new (or 2nd hand good condition). Anything under $1000 would be great. The laptop would be used to run basic windows applications (Microsoft word, excel, etc), multimedia (mp3's, creating websites, movies, dvd's??), surf the internet, used for school assignments, etc (specifically needed for a student studying Information Technology).

Im not looking for something "top of the line" (like a gaming machine), just something that can be used without any lagging or any form of physical faults... a smooth running machine which can be purchased for a student. I would also prefer the machine to be sold in Australian $$$ or located in Australia (due to my residencey). Below is a little wish list that specifies what exactly i am looking for in a laptop:

Specifications (Wish List)

CPU - 1Ghz+, not really pushy about any brand make or model (Intel, AMD,etc)
Memory - 256Mb Ram+ (DDR, DDR SDRAM with the option of upgrading... atleast to 1Gb worth of Ram)
Storage (HDD) - 40Gb HDD+ (4200rpm, 5400rpm+)
Motherboard - Standard motherboard with Intergrated Sound and Video Cards (able to view or be set to 1024 x 768 resolution+)
Optical Devices - CD Burner, CD-Burner/DVD Rom COmbo, DVD Burner (?)
USB - 2+ USB 1.1/2.0 Ports (preferably 2+ USB 2.0 ports)
PCMCIA - PCMCIA Card slots (Preferably 2 PCMCIA card slots)
Network - Built In Network Card (Preferred)
FDD (Optional) Not a necessity
Pretty Standard size laptop (14"+)

So as you can tell by the specifications its a pretty basic laptop, tho i would also like a laptop that has the potentional for upgrades in the future.... especially on Memory (preferably up to 1GB... anything more is a bonus)...

So if anyone finds any deals for new laptops or 2nd hand ones (in really good condition), please reply to this thread... If there are any laptops that are close to these specs but not exact, please feel free to also post up a reply to this thread... Your help would be much appreciated

Yours Sincerely

Cristian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back